Robin S, Danny Rampling, Rozalla and Dub Pistols headline 15th annual vegan festival on Bristol Harbourside
Extra dollops of (vegan) formaggio as VegfestUK hosts "Show Me Love" House Party on Saturday followed by a reggae/dub/dance evening on Sunday
This guide consists of comprehensive information on all UK vegan events this year - please share this widely with anyone interested in veganism, thanks!
Tickets available on BOGOF and BOGOHP for limited period only
Programme contains all info on talks, cookery demos, performances, kids activities and workshops
Glorious weekend at Olympia London with VegfestUK showcasing the best of veganism to around 13,500 visitors
Just under 15,000 people (13,500 visitors and 1,400 people working at the event) were at this hugely growing vegan lifestyle festival
- RT @veganfuture: Coming up on March 11th and 12th - @VegfestUK Brighton 2017 t.co/0JQkPIv3Tc t.co/0peEYxfUbO
- Great coverage of VegfestUK Brighton 2017 in insideSUSSEX Magazine!... t.co/IncGhNntUi
- Advert for VegfestUK Brighton 2017 in February issue of Viva Brighton magazine Taking place on March 11th 12th... t.co/vpAhXhCSnY
VegfestUK are organisers of some of Europe's biggest vegan festivals! We came into existence back in Bristol in 2003, when Yaoh manager Tim Barford had the idea of mixing the seriousness of veganism with a rock-'n-roll festival atmosphere, where people can do the following all in one place: eating, socialising, learning about healthy ethical eating, dancing, partying - you name it! It's a heaven for many people, whether they want to mix with like-minded people, are curious about vegan lifestyles, or just want to eat all day and soak up the party atmosphere.
VegfestUK events are all about GOING VEGAN. It’s not about eating less meat, or choosing eggs over fish, or anything like that. It’s about going vegan, pure and simple. Go Vegan. For the animals, for the planet, for your health, and for sustainable global food production. And it’s so easy. Vegfest will demonstrate just how easy it is to go vegan and stay vegan.
We started out under the name "Bristol Vegan Fayre" in the compact and cosy surroundings of the Watershed on the Harbourside in our debut year 2003, attracting 1,500 visitors and 40 stalls with some quality speakers shedding light on veganism. Since then we never looked back:
- In 2004, We moved to the L-Shed (now M-Shed) and remained there for 3 years;
- We further expanded and moved eventually to the current venue of the Amphitheatre;
- Our events were extended to the nation's veggie capital Brighton from 2009 onwards,
- Then renaming from "Brighton/Bristol Vegan Fayre" to VegfestUK, making the shows better and better at these two cities,
- Taking the festivals one giant leap forward by bringing it to one of the nation's most well-known exhibition venues Kensington Olympia in October 2013
- In 2015, Vegfest takes another big step, creating another new show on Scottish soil in the prestigious SECC in Glagsow.
So the past decade has simply been a fairy tale! And by the end of 2015 we will have already organised 34 festivals in the UK, attracting big crowds at each one and influencing many towards going, living and staying vegan!
Sure, VegfestUK have its own ups and downs over the years, but largely thanks to our loyal supporters, be they sponsors, stallholders, media partners, security, stewards... we've been able to keep these shows going for so long. This is love straight from the heart to those who've given us so much backing through thick and thin.
We hope to continue influencing many more souls by putting on ever-improving events in future years.